Successful graduates of the proposed MSCM degree program will be able to demonstrate each of the following learning outcomes.
- Acquire a construction management perspective that is informed by the linkages between construction and management (i.e., ethics, labor, accounting & finance, dispute resolution, negotiations) best practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead effective teams using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Proactively adopt and integrate emerging technology within construction management practices.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate contract delivery methods based on desired project outcomes.
- Analyze construction projects relative to fundamental aspects of construction management (i.e., cost, schedule, quality, safety, ethics) and develop appropriate solutions.
- Acquire the ability to effectively assess and manage risk in a construction management project.
- Acquire an appreciation for and ability to apply the principles and practices of sustainability in a construction management project.