BLOG: Information Technology
- What Makes an App Successful? September 21, 2016 An estimated annual revenue of $25 billion makes the app market one of the most exciting sectors of the IT business world. Androids are capable of operating more than 2 million mobile apps and the Apple store offers more than 1.5 million. Since people use apps 86% of the time ... Continue >
- Analytics is Everywhere August 30, 2016 Big data is a buzz word these days and with good reason. In 2015, 1.9 million data analytics jobs were created and another 4 million in support functions for those positions, according to Bernard Marr, the author of Big Data: Using Smart Big Data, Analytics and Metrics to Make Better ... Continue >
- Associations for Information Technology Professionals August 1, 2016 Joining a professional association is an excellent way to build your network, discover trends and issues in the industry, and expand your knowledge. While pursuing your education, learning about the organizations in your chosen field, even attending a national conference if convenient, is a great way to begin applying what ... Continue >
- Law and IT: Federal Considerations for IT Professionals July 26, 2016 Understanding an organization’s legal and ethical responsibilities is an important part of what information security professionals offer businesses. How a business approaches its liability for privacy and security risks is often guided by advice from IT professionals.
Businesses depend on Information Technology and Security professionals to help them maintain security. These ... Continue >
- The Need for Cyber Security Professionals in IT Today July 21, 2016 As awareness in the general public has grown, Cyber-crime has become an all too common news topic. In 2014, The New York Times reported over 700 articles on data breaches alone. Cyber-crime can take the form of hacking someone’s personal information, to vicious and slanderous cyber bullying, to identity theft ... Continue >
- Soft Skills for IT Success: A Report from the Industry July 15, 2016 Tech Collective, Rhode Island’s Bioscience and Information Technology Industry Association, and Bridge Technical Talent, an IT staffing agency, released the report “Enter IT RI” on the skills that are most important for professionals in IT in Rhode Island. The “Enter IT RI” report surveyed hiring trends since 2013 and pulled ... Continue >
- How to be an IT Success: A Report from the Industry June 27, 2016 Tech Collective, Rhode Island’s Bioscience and Information Technology Industry Association, and Bridge Technical Talent, an IT staffing agency, released a report, “Enter IT RI”, on the skills that are most important for professionals in IT in Rhode Island. The “Enter IT RI” report surveyed hiring trends since 2013 and pulled ... Continue >
- Current Considerations in Cybersecurity June 21, 2016 “A strong cybersecurity background is important to employers,” explains Timothy Henry, the chair of the Master’s in Information Technology at New England Institute of Technology.
All levels of society are increasingly dependent on Internet-connected computer systems and shared information. With that connectivity comes many risks. Cybersecurity seeks to protect networks from ... Continue >
- Great Leadership Pointers June 14, 2016 Becoming a great leader means understanding the technology, effectively communicating its strategic application, and rallying employees to become better team members. Clear communication and adept people management are two key characteristics. With the ever-changing landscape, IT faces a set of challenges that makes the skills necessary for great leadership even ... Continue >
- NEIT Featured in Asian Correspondent June 8, 2016 New England Institute of Technology was identified by Asian Correspondent as one of 5 schools producing the "leading IT innovators of tomorrow."* Described as being at “the forefront of computer science” by the popular Asian news outlet, NEIT offers an education that is internationally recognized. The United States dominates the ... Continue >