If you are interested in building your business, management and technology skills as they relate to the construction industry, the New England Institute of Technology’s (NEIT) Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) is designed for you. If you have a background in construction or related fields such as architecture, engineering and planning, you could be an ideal candidate for this program.
One of the premier programs in NEIT’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS), MSCM is an online program that provides you with 24/7 access to course materials, enables you to complete the master’s in as little as 18 months, and is taught by instructors with the real-life expertise to help you achieve your career goals. If you are new to online learning, there is 24/7 technical support to help you along the way as well as ongoing academic support from your instructor, tutors and other NEIT resources.
During this program, you will focus on building leadership skills in your industry, studying a wide-range of topics, including lean construction, risk management and construction delivery methods.
You will work individually as well as on teams to achieve the following outcomes:
- Acquire a construction management perspective that is informed by the linkages between construction and management (i.e., ethics, labor, accounting & finance, dispute resolution, negotiations) best practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead effective teams using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Proactively adopt and integrate emerging technology within construction management practices.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate contract delivery methods based on desired project outcomes.
- Analyze construction projects relative to fundamental aspects of construction management (i.e., cost, schedule, quality, safety, ethics) and develop appropriate solutions.
- Acquire ability to effectively assess and manage risk in a construction management project.
- Acquire an appreciation for and ability to apply the principles and practices of sustainability in a construction management project.
This program is for you if you are ready to take the next step of your career and would like a flexible, hands-on learning experience to help you get there.