Did you know that many schools in the United States now offer online undergraduate degrees in a multitude of subjects? Over 75% of universities now offer some sort of online degree program. While many of these programs are designed for working professionals who need academic flexibility, they can also be beneficial for international students looking to receive an undergraduate degree!
If you are an international student who would like an undergraduate degree from a U.S. University, but the visa process seems arduous, New England Institute of Technology is the school for you! Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries. The Masters of Information Technology and Masters in Construction Management programs can be taken online, and if you chose this option you will not be required to enter the U.S.! Therefore, you will not need to complete the I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- Students do classwork on their own time.
- Classes usually consist of a weekly reading and assignments; an entire week is given to complete this.
- Course material is online and accessible at anytime.
- Professors are an email or phone call away. You do not have to wait for the traditional office hours.
- Programs offer online class notes.
Because these courses are online, you will need to have regular access to a computer and a stable Internet connection in order to complete the online coursework.
In addition to the admission requirements shown below for undergraduate or graduate study, we may require documents related to residency, English proficiency, and educational background. All documents submitted to the university, including transcripts, must be in English.
All graduate-level applicants must document completion of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
You have the option of seeking transfer credits for any graduate-level academic credits you earned at a previous institution. This is not required, but if you choose to seek transfer credits, you must submit our transfer credit evaluation (TCE) application.
If you reside in the U.S., you are required to have a current U.S. residency card, appropriate current Visa, or Social Security Number, and are required to submit that documentation to the university for record retention.
Depending on your country of citizenship, you may be required to provide documentation of English proficiency before being allowed to register for class.
- Candidates, for whom English is not their first language, must demonstrate fluency in English by providing either a TOEFL or IELTS official score. New England Institute of Technology’s TOEFL Institute Code is #4434.
- For those candidates who have taken the TOEFL or IELTS exam, please submit an official copy of the most recent TOEFL or IELTS score (no older than two years old) to the Office of International Admissions. The following scores are required for a student to enter directly into the technical program: Undergraduate: TOEFL iB 78; IELTS 6.0 Graduate: TOEFL iB 79, IELTS 6.5